Friday, May 11, 2007

Cleansing Me

Days 1 & 2 --- No meat, no dairy (thank you Soy, I lasted today), lots of juice, fruits and vegetables, 1 qt of distilled water, detox/cleanse/fiber capsules (morning and evening)

Days 3, 4 & 5 --- start lemon juice mixture (1 1/2 cups lemon juice, 1/3 - 1/2 cup maple syrup (grade B at Trader Joe's is the best for me, no solid foods (unless you feel really bad and nauseous or have a terrible headache, a banana or apple bites would be helpful)

Days 6 & 7 --- continue the capsules until gone, stop lemon mixture, start eating raw veggies and fruits, add whole grains to diet

Days 8 & 9 --- add yogurt & cottage cheese and small portions of fish, poultry or egg

Days 10 & onwards --- eat a sensible diet so you can live healthy and happy

Today I'm on Day 6 and I couldn't have imagined I could go through Days 3-5. The lowest point was Day 3. My body experienced a healing crisis (described in the website) I had headaches, my legs were crampy, I was irritable but managed to get through the day.... Day 4 was better but Day 5 was the best. My body got the hang of it and I guess I was so looking forward to today so I'm thinking a lot of it was in the mind! Bananas, apples and sugarless gum, helped me get through it and I survived! Survived and lost around 6-7 lbs. How great is that????!!!! Even if it's all water, it's still a good feeling and fact!

At lunch, I had to go to a birthday lunch with my team at work and we ate at Island's. I went ahead and looked up the menu even before going so I wouldn't be enticed to have any of the yummy food. Was so glad to find their version of Asian salad. I had that with my sesame dressing and the chicken on the side (more like aside since I really didn't eat the chicken and just had a little of the dressing)! YES, it was yummy!

No comments: