Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Food Meme

Thanks to another blogger Wifely Steps (http://toni.marikit.net/), I would be able to share part of myself through this...try it, I'm sure you'll enjoy too.

How do you like your eggs? "Ginulo" you achieve this by dropping the egg (yolk and white) into a heated pan then instead of making a sunny side up, beat the yolk and the white until both are cooked. Sarap with banana ketchup
(Mafran to be exact).

How do you take your coffee/tea:
Coffee: Freshly brewed with soymilk. @Starbucks - Soy latte
Tea: Plain. Sometimes with soymilk or cream.
Dean & Deluca's green tea is the best and the Organic Chamomile Tea from Trader Joes.

Favorite breakfast foods: Fried garlic rice, my "ginulo" egg, daing (smoked fish) dipped in mayonnaise.

Peanut butter: smooth or crunchy? Definitely smooth!

What kind of dressing on your salad? I love Macaroni Grill's italian. Asian Chicken would be good. But my all time fave, thousand island (only my Mom's or my own version).

Coke or Pepsi? Diet Coke.

You’re feeling lazy. What do you make? Pandesal with Jack and Jill potato chips. (This reminds me of my trips to Batangas long time ago when I was involved in a youth group with so much energy and optism for life.)

You’re feeling really lazy. What kind of pizza do you order? Cheese pizza

You feel like cooking. What do you make? Pasta, this rejuvenates me!

Do any foods bring back good memories? Yes, my dad's pork in soysauce, but I guess we can replace it with chicken breast now that I'm not a pork eater anymore. The taste brings a lot of memorable breakfasts and happy days back home.

Do any foods bring back bad memories? Japanese cup-o-noodles, I had this for the first time and I had a bad tummy ache, couldn't stop throwing up! I wouldn't eat that to this day.

Do any foods remind you of someone? Bacon eaten with rice swimming in sweet Batangas coffee reminds me of no other than my only brother! Ice cream reminds me of my Dad and kaldereta reminds me of my mom (even if she doesn't eat that, but she cooks the best kaldereta!)

Is there a food you refuse to eat? Kambing (goat)

What was your favorite food as a child? Balat ng (skin)fried chicken with ketchup.

Is there a food that you hated as a child but now love? Broccolli.

Is there a food that you loved as a child but now hate? Nope.

Favorite fruit & vegetable: I like them all! But okay let’s go with grapes for fruits and sitaw (string beans) for vegetables.

Favorite junk food: Clover chips

Favorite between meal snack: Skyflakes

Do you have any weird food habits: I dip my chicken tinola in ketchup, and of course my smoked fish with mayonnaise (the best with fried rice/sinangag).

You’re on a diet. What food(s) do you fill up on? Fruits (melon or grapes).

How spicy do you order Indian/Thai? Spicy - between mild to hot!

Can I get you a drink? Sure. Vodka-Sprite, Strawberry Margarita, White Zinfandel, or anything from V Sattui.

Red wine or white? Love white but learning to love red as it's good for the heart

We only have beer: San Mig light

Favorite dessert? Mmm… old fashioned cheesecake

The perfect nightcap? Ice cream on bread.

No comments: